Friday, March 30, 2012

problem with loging in

I installed a default instance of Enterprise edittion and

didn't face any error during the instalation process.

In Management Studio in the Server Name section for loging in I wrote the name of the local system.

but I couldn't log in.

in

Control Panel \ administrative tools\services

there is no SQL Server service at all.

should I install any thing extra just like Express Edition which I used to install SQL Express in Visual Studio 2005 pakage or like MSDE in SQL Server 2000?

please tell me what to do

thanks.

pooyan

Hello,

It would seem that the core dbms has not been installed correctly - did you perhaps only select client tools during the install?

Reinstall the server components (make sure you run setup from the server, not tools folder).

Cheers,

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment