Friday, March 30, 2012

Problem with locks - Help!

Good morning to everyone, I am writing to ask an advice: I have been
having lots of problems in the last time because of some locks that (I
suppose) a software create in SqlServer. The problem details is:
apparently randomly, when we try to save a record with that software
everything freeze. If I watch at the locks in Enterprise Manager I can
see some locks. If I terminate the locks the software unfreeze and the
record will be saved correctly. If I watch the detail of the processes
locked, I can see that instruction: "sp_unprepared;1". I spoke many
times with the company which produce the software and they say that I am
the only customer with this problem and that surely the problem is on my
sqlserver settings. I am not so sure, for me it is a problem of the
software. Does anybody can help me to find out what is going on? I would
really appreciate any kind of suggestion (except to change the software
;-) ). I am using Microsoft SqlServer 2000 sp.4 in a Windows 2000 server
sp.4. Sorry for my English. Thank you very much for your help, have a
nice day, Mefisto
Can you run SQL Server Profiler while you try to save a row and see what is
going on.?
"Mefisto" <fastyno@.NOSPAM.freemail.it> wrote in message
news:dnjdau$hg6$1@.newsread.albacom.net...
> Good morning to everyone, I am writing to ask an advice: I have been
> having lots of problems in the last time because of some locks that (I
> suppose) a software create in SqlServer. The problem details is:
> apparently randomly, when we try to save a record with that software
> everything freeze. If I watch at the locks in Enterprise Manager I can see
> some locks. If I terminate the locks the software unfreeze and the record
> will be saved correctly. If I watch the detail of the processes locked, I
> can see that instruction: "sp_unprepared;1". I spoke many times with the
> company which produce the software and they say that I am the only
> customer with this problem and that surely the problem is on my sqlserver
> settings. I am not so sure, for me it is a problem of the software. Does
> anybody can help me to find out what is going on? I would really
> appreciate any kind of suggestion (except to change the software ;-) ). I
> am using Microsoft SqlServer 2000 sp.4 in a Windows 2000 server sp.4.
> Sorry for my English. Thank you very much for your help, have a nice day,
> Mefisto

No comments:

Post a Comment