Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Problem with Large SQL Log file

I'm having a problem with this file SQL log file
It appear by itself in the C: root directory and its filesize keep increasin
g while the SQL server is running even when I just open/ shutdown the SQL se
rver. It had so far go up to 4GB in just a day.
I had actually keep log files of the SQL Server in another folder, so the SQ
L file is not created by me nor for any purpose. It keep coming back even wh
en I remove it. Anyone can tell me what's the problem? Is it a virus or what
ever?Hi,
SQL file in C drive is not used by SQL Server. THis file is created by ODBC.
When ever we click the ODBC trace option, this SQL file will be updated and
have all the tracing information.
How to delete or move the file to a alternate location:-
1. Go to COntrol panel--Admin tools- Data sources (ODBC)
2. Double click on ODBC , CLick the Tracing Tab (In the top)
3. If it is Stop tracing then actually Tracing is going on.
4. In that case click "Stop Tracing"
5. Go to C drive root and delete the file or move the file to a diffrent
folder
6. When ever you require you can enable the tracing.
Thanks
Hari
MCDBA
"Kian" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:430A0105-2E68-4999-AEA7-B6D475828E33@.microsoft.com...
> I'm having a problem with this file SQL log file
> It appear by itself in the C: root directory and its filesize keep
increasing while the SQL server is running even when I just open/ shutdown
the SQL server. It had so far go up to 4GB in just a day.
> I had actually keep log files of the SQL Server in another folder, so the
SQL file is not created by me nor for any purpose. It keep coming back even
when I remove it. Anyone can tell me what's the problem? Is it a virus or
whatever?sql

No comments:

Post a Comment