Friday, March 30, 2012

problem with login

I have a problem with login on slq server 2005 on the other machine. The story is:

1)

I have been trying create classes with help of SqlMetal (Linq tool) and all the time i have a message

Unhandled Exception: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'me'

2)

So, I tried connect by sqlcmd.

sqlcmd -S OURSERVER -d database -U me -P password

And the error message is:

Msg 18456, Level 14, State 1, Server OURSERVER, Line 1
Login failed for user 'me'.

and...

3)

I CAN connect to this database with help of "SQL Server Management Studio Express"

with the same username and password.

thanks for help

bakuuu

ps. sorry for my english

From your description, I don’t have enough information to determine if my following assumption is correct or not, but it may be worth a try.

I am guessing that the scenarios that fail (1) & (2) are from a remote machine, but the one that succeeds (3) is on the same machine as SQL Server Express. If this is true, it may be possible that TCP communications are disabled and/or the windows firewall is not allowing to connect. Please use SQL Server Configuration Manager to enable TCP (and restart the server) and make sure the firewall allows the connection.

Another possibility is that the DB “database” specified with the parameter –d is not available or you don’t have permission to connect. Try using the default DB (remove the –d database parameter) or master (-d master).

If my assumptions are not correct, we will appreciate further information in order to help.

Thanks a lot.

-Raul Garcia

SDE/T

SQL Server Engine

No comments:

Post a Comment