Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Problem with JDBC Driver for MS SQL Server

Dear All,

I developed an web application which use MS SQL Server 2000. I
encounter the following SQLException "[Microsoft][SQLServer 2000
Driver for JDBC]Error setting up static cursor cache". Did anyone
encounter this problem before? What does this exception mean and how
to solve this problem?

[Remarks: The web application work properly on development machine and
this machine but encounter this exception when move to another
machine, so is this exception related to the machine?]

Thank you for your attention.

Yours faithfully,
Benny
Benny wrote:

> Dear All,
> I developed an web application which use MS SQL Server 2000. I
> encounter the following SQLException "[Microsoft][SQLServer 2000
> Driver for JDBC]Error setting up static cursor cache". Did anyone
> encounter this problem before? What does this exception mean and how
> to solve this problem?

I think it has to do with OS user file permissions in temp directories.
Joe Weinstein at BEA

> [Remarks: The web application work properly on development machine and
> this machine but encounter this exception when move to another
> machine, so is this exception related to the machine?]
> Thank you for your attention.
> Yours faithfully,
> Benny|||I have been investigating the same thing. I have added the C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp to every policy file that I could find (both the java.policy and catalina.policy files). This does not seem to help. Hmmmmm.... I will keep working on it, but if you have figured it out, I would really appreciate you letting me know how to resolve this.

This is a win2k environ w sqlserver 2000.

No comments:

Post a Comment