Saturday, February 25, 2012

Problem with defining 2 datasets against OLAP cube

Hello all,

I built a report (RS 2005) that include several chart on the same layout.
Every chart is based on a different dataset, which is based on the same Datasource – an OLAP cube.
The datasets were created using the new query builder in RS 2005 (from SSAS 2005 cube), in both of them, I have set the Quarter dimension as a filter and marked the Parameter checkbox to set it as parameter.

After creating the first dataset and defining the parameter- a new parameter was defined in the report. Now, after creating the second dataset and adding the same filter and defining it as parameter, I have found out the no other parameter was defined for me but the first one was overwritten…

Is it a bug?

Thanks,

Liran

Hi Liran,

I don't think this is a bug. While you are keep on adding the same filter for a various datasets, the dataset will point to the same filter and you will have only one parameter if you select the check box for the filter in the filter pane.

I implement the same kind of reports and it works fine.

Sincerley,

--Amde

|||

Yes, but what if I want a different parameter defined for the second dataset?
I have tried doing it manually: I defined a new dataset similar to the one already created for me, and moved out from graphic design mode in the second dataset to reference the second parameter in the MDX.
I got an error saying no such parameter is defined L…

No comments:

Post a Comment