Saturday, February 25, 2012

Problem with debugging SSIS 2005 (32bit) component under Windows Vista ultimate

Hi,

I have a problem when i want to debug an ssis component under visual studio 2005.

I'm using sql 2005 with service pack 2 and i have already install patch for visual studio under vista.

When i put a breakpoint for exemple in the method "public override void PreExecute()" or in the other method. "public override void ProcessInput(int inputID, PipelineBuffer buffer)" and i execute the pgm.

however when i begin debugging,it's always skip breakpoint

However when i put a break point in the Validate method "public override DTSValidationStatus Validate()" it function.

When execute the the package it works fine.

I use this debug parametres :

Start external program :

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\DTExec.exe

Command line arguments

/FILE "D:\Projects\Integration Services Project1\Integration Services Project1\TestXmlParserPipe.dtsx" /MAXCONCURRENT " -1 " /CHECKPOINTING OFF /REPORTING EWCDI

I execute visual studio 2005 as Administrator

Please, can some one help me!

It must be some sort of those trivial problems. Are you sure the execution goes through those two methods? Try to check using some kind of checkpoint logging (i. e. MessageBox).

A few additional troubleshooting tips:

- Make sure you are building the debug version of your component.

- Check if the proper module gets loaded.

- Double-check the function signatures.

HTH.

|||

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

I'm sure, i'm was building the debug version.

I notice that if i put a messagebox in the script component and i run the package.

The message box appear, so i go to my ssis component code under visual studio2005 and then i put a breakpoint in

PreExecute() method (for example), after this i attached the process DtsDebugHost.exe (this process is visible in the process list only when the package ssis is running ). I came back to the message box i click ok and finally it work i can see the yellow line hilight the method.

What can i do to let de debugger work fine under vista ultimate? In my work, we have Windows XP professional and i don't have to use complicated procedure each time i want to debug my custom component.

so it will be so nice if some one know the solution for that.

Thanks in advance.

|||

Can you confirm one thing? Are you debugging your custom component using DTExec or BIDS?

Thanks,

Bob

|||

Hi,

I debug the my custom component using DTExec :

On Start action \start external program I use :

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\DTExec.exe

I'm using the following command line arguments on start option:

/FILE "..\TestXmlParserPipe.dtsx" /MAXCONCURRENT " -1 " /CHECKPOINTING OFF /REPORTING EWCDI

Please help with Windows Vista Ultimate ?

No comments:

Post a Comment