Saturday, February 25, 2012

Problem with DateTime and milliseconds (a bug?)

Hi,
I Hope someone can help answer this question.
I have a report containing two datetime parameters.
Both parameters are populated with data from a sql-query. The fields
returned from this query are datetime's.
Everything works as expected when the fields does not contain any
milliseconds, but when I changed this and added some records with
milliseconds I get this message "Default value or value provided for
the report parameter 'sortSchemeActivated' is not a valid value."
I change the records back again so there are no milliseconds and it's
working again. So the only ting a can come up with is that dateTime
parameters are not compatible with milliseconds.
Is this a bug?
Thanks
- PeterI may be wrong on this, however I belive DateTimes work by counting the
number of seconds from a specific event.
In *nix that date is Jan 01 1970, unsure what it is in windows. However,
coming back to your question, this count occurs as the "second" level and
not below that. I don't know if milliseconds are stored as decimal values as
part of this, I dont think it is.
Taz
"Peter H." <peter.hamann@.eu.fkilogistex.com> wrote in message
news:1157641606.487218.72860@.d34g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
> I Hope someone can help answer this question.
> I have a report containing two datetime parameters.
> Both parameters are populated with data from a sql-query. The fields
> returned from this query are datetime's.
> Everything works as expected when the fields does not contain any
> milliseconds, but when I changed this and added some records with
> milliseconds I get this message "Default value or value provided for
> the report parameter 'sortSchemeActivated' is not a valid value."
> I change the records back again so there are no milliseconds and it's
> working again. So the only ting a can come up with is that dateTime
> parameters are not compatible with milliseconds.
> Is this a bug?
> Thanks
> - Peter
>|||Thanks Taz
But not sure that this answers my question.
So to be more specific I will start by asking if anyone can reproduce
this scenario. This will eliminate the possibility of my computer
having a specific setting being the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment