Monday, February 20, 2012

Problem with date dimension

One of my tables contains the transaction dates. So based on this table
I tried to create a Time dimension (using the first option - I think
it's called single table or something in the Wizard of Analysis
Manager)...
I select everything else correctly and selected the Year, Quarter, Month
option and finally saved he dimension.
However when I browse the dimension, when I do the first click I get a
level with '0' as the year and blank child nodes for quarter and
months...
Any clues?
I'll appreciate help.
Thanks.
Hi,
first of all, my suggestion is do not use AS Wizard for creating Time
dimension.
Read a very good article that Tom Chester wrote about Time dimensions.
http://www.sqljunkies.com/Article/D1...D60951395.scuk
Hope it helps!
Peace,
Andrej
"Learner" <wantnospam@.email.com> wrote in message
news:O8FbRMZFEHA.624@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> One of my tables contains the transaction dates. So based on this table
> I tried to create a Time dimension (using the first option - I think
> it's called single table or something in the Wizard of Analysis
> Manager)...
>
> I select everything else correctly and selected the Year, Quarter, Month
> option and finally saved he dimension.
> However when I browse the dimension, when I do the first click I get a
> level with '0' as the year and blank child nodes for quarter and
> months...
> Any clues?
> I'll appreciate help.
> Thanks.
|||Great Article!!! Thanks
Regards.

> Hi,
> first of all, my suggestion is do not use AS Wizard for creating Time
> dimension.
> Read a very good article that Tom Chester wrote about Time dimensions.
> http://www.sqljunkies.com/Article/D1...D60951395.scuk
>
> Hope it helps!
> Peace,
> Andrej
>
> "Learner" <wantnospam@.email.com> wrote in message
> news:O8FbRMZFEHA.624@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment