Monday, February 20, 2012

Problem with DateAdd and ReportParameter

Hi there,
I'm trying to use a a ReportParameter in CommandText. Usually this works
fine, but together with the DateAdd-Function I've a problem. When I use the
following query everything works fine
= "SELECT Datum1, Datum2 From Table WHERE DATEADD(year, 20, Datum1 >
Datum2"
When I change this to
= "SELECT Datum1, Datum2 From Table WHERE DATEADD(year, " +
Parameters!Jahr.Value + ", Datum1 > Datum2"
I am not able to do a preview of my report. Does anybody know what to do, to
make it work?Try using & instead of +
= "SELECT Datum1, Datum2 From Table WHERE DATEADD(year, " &
Parameters!Jahr.Value & ", Datum1) > Datum2"
Bruce Johnson [MSFT]
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Betina Keiner" <BetinaKeiner@.Gradient.de> wrote in message
news:eMk1yj$bEHA.2812@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hi there,
> I'm trying to use a a ReportParameter in CommandText. Usually this works
> fine, but together with the DateAdd-Function I've a problem. When I use
the
> following query everything works fine
> = "SELECT Datum1, Datum2 From Table WHERE DATEADD(year, 20, Datum1
> Datum2"
> When I change this to
> = "SELECT Datum1, Datum2 From Table WHERE DATEADD(year, " +
> Parameters!Jahr.Value + ", Datum1 > Datum2"
> I am not able to do a preview of my report. Does anybody know what to do,
to
> make it work?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment